AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Titan Machinary rant CROOKS!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 10/13/2021 20:47 (#9267600 - in reply to #9267092)
Subject: RE: Titan Machinary rant CROOKS!!

East of Broken Bow
I had a piece of equipment sitting at the dealership, with a repair estimate of 15-16 hours, at $85 an acre. Titan took over the dealership, and I was billed $125 an hour for 19 hours (book rate was 16 hours). When I complained, saying I had a contract for the repair at $85 an hour. The service manager told me the contract was not with Titan (it was with the old dealership) so they didn't have to honor it. The thing they were working on, never left their lot from the time I got the estimate.
By my estimate, the labor should have maxed out at $1360, instead I was charged $2375. To top that off, I asked for an itemized bill, and was told if I wanted one it would 'cost extra'. I paid the bill, but haven't taken anything back to their shop since then. If they don't want my business, I guess they don't have to have it.

Contrast that to the local JD dealer. I own almost all red equipment, but recently bought one small (under $15K) piece of equipment from the local JD dealer, and they did more to be sure I was happy for that one transaction, than the management at Titan has in all the times I have gone there.
My rant is not on the local workers there, they are dong the best that they can, but they are pretty much have to abide by Titan's rules. The shop manager I am referring to, is not the shop manager that was there for years (they let him go), but rather someone that Titan sent over to run the service department.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)