AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Green fields
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

chinband
Posted 10/13/2021 16:16 (#9267099 - in reply to #9266894)
Subject: RE: Green fields

Mendota illinois
In nearly 40 years at a dealership, where I started most new combine deliver, I cannot believe someone leaves that much grain in the field. You have the best equipment with tons of adjustment and to not be able to see that much loose, I think that you need to see an eye doctor. I read on AgTalk that 4 beans per square foot is I bushel per acre. How many really understand how a combine is suppose to thrash the crop, just picture in your mind how that works. The biggest adjustment that not one makes is to pull the hydro lever back about 1/2”. Everyone has to have a 500 hp engine, big head and be done by Oct. 15th. Neighbor was done with beans and corn by first week of September, I thought he was going to bring out the planter and have everything planter by Thanksgiving. I have always said to put a big head on a smaller combine, you will do a much better job with less loss of grain. I know, all everybody want is be done, hurry, hurry, hurry, then get injured foolishly. Life is so much better in the slow lane. Flame away, this info was free.
Slow down, be safe!
Rich
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)