AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling Beef?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

SamT
Posted 10/12/2021 20:45 (#9265788 - in reply to #9265502)
Subject: RE: Selling Beef?

Texas
$2 live dropped off at locker. Sell them a percentage of the live animal. You can’t do it for any less than that and get paid for your time. May as well just ship to a packer if your much less than that. It’s a pain in the rear, I have the dates 18 months out, teach people to fill out kill card, deal with people who don’t understand anything, no meds or implants, no grain if that’s what someone wants.

There’s guys online getting $4 hanging weight and they stay sold out. Some don’t even offer to let someone fill out a cut card just offer a few different spec cards. I kinda think that defeats the purpose if someone can’t get it cut just like they want it, but it isn’t slowing down business for those guys. The real fancy guys sell 1/4 1/2 or whole for a specified price and just guarantee a certain poundage of package beef. I have a friend that sells all his ground beef to a restaurant and sells the expensive cuts online for the big jack. He talks like that works great. Premium all grain fed tomahawk ribeye type stuff.

Far as I know state inspected can’t cross state lines and it has to be USDA to leave the state selling packaged products
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)