AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which profession should I choose?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Eugene TFF
Posted 10/15/2021 13:37 (#9270531 - in reply to #9270416)
Subject: RE: Which profession should I choose?

Ukraine, Vinnitsa region
jcfarmboy - 10/15/2021 12:24

Not many farmers will take you seriously without research and real world in the field proof. You are book smart but real world dumb. What you learn in school doesn't always work out in real world.

There is a saying... those who can, DO...those that can't but think they can TEACH.

There is already a pile of people out here telling farmer that they know how to do our jobs better. Some of them have great ideas and are quickly adopted....others are full of hot air and just siphon money off of farmers.

The best thing for you to do is get back in school do research and testing on your theories. You NEED evidence to back you up.
I can't stress this enough......you need PROOF that this will work

I have customers that are first generation immigrants from Europe. They are great people and love having them around. They used to say our north American way of farming was stupid and the way they did it was soo much better. They asked for help after the second almost complete crop failure. After sitting down with them and explained why we do what we do differently. I also picked up on things from them and have implemented them on my farm.

By the way.....your comment about how it isn't difficult to work the land is ARROGANT and shows how IMMATURE are. No till, cover crops and organic are NOT NEW. Everything has cycles throughout history. Farmers do what makes the most sense in what works for them. Almost every farmer isn't out here strip mining the ground. We are here to make the ground more productive and keep it productive for generations to come!

I wish you the best of luck.

Yeah, yeah, yeah LOL
I'm not selling anything to prove it. My task is to come up with ideas, describe and propose it, and farmers or large companies will decide to use them or not. If they are in doubt, there are experimental fields for this. So take it easy pls ...

Yeah, by the way, my comment about my farming area and farmers. And I know better how easy farming in Ukraine is.
Ukrainian chernozems make it easy to make money and forgive many mistakes, including tillage.

"No till, cover crops and organic are NOT NEW"
Yes, this is not new. But you just try to combine it all and create a stable, highly productive organic system. Are you doing it? Agree that working with brains is not as easy as iron.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)