AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which profession should I choose?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Eugene TFF
Posted 10/13/2021 07:33 (#9266253 - in reply to #9265780)
Subject: RE: Which profession or should I choose?

Ukraine, Vinnitsa region
thinkstoomuch - 10/12/2021 20:42

Keep in mind the difference between book learning and implementing processes and production.

Learning to manage the risks of daily market, weather, and equipment can only be learned by living it.

Youth serves you well if you learn faster than your body ages.

I have not given a lot of thought to this but there appear to be merits to it so use it as food for thought. If you can find 1 acre and have a market for direct sales. Grow an 1 acre of every crop you might grow for a career or in career field and a couple vegetables. Manage with what you have and you will learn management of complex holistic factors of growth and this will shape your thought process beyond book learning. Risk, failure, and achievement will be education. It may even replace a year of college learning at less cost. Goes with the phrase Just Do It. Pivot with skills learned to career and carry the knowledge through life. Could be a waste of time if you just learn. Much may also be learned from growing a tomato plant on a balcony or apartment window to a small degree.

Is college an option for you?

Thanks for the great answer.

And yes, I will agree with you!

I studied agronomist at the university for 2 years. Education in Ukraine is so ugly that on the first day of studying I realized that only idiots work here. For 2 years I was hoping for the best, but at the beginning of this summer I left the university to devote more time to my hobbies and my own studies. Nobody will teach me how to live and how to make money expect myself. So I try to spend my time profitably.

Edited by Eugene TFF 10/16/2021 08:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)