AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wow, inflation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 10/12/2021 11:47 (#9265033 - in reply to #9264863)
Subject: RE: Wow, inflation

Mid Michigan
We've all become victims of our own success and excess. The economy around here has been pretty much balls to the wall on and off for the last 40 years. Mostly on. Factories around here have been 6 and 7 days a week since I was a little kid and dad was doing it. Everybody has been very prosperous. And that's the only possible way that this just in time economy was ever going to continue is if everybody was going to work EVERY day and most of the time 6 and 7 days a week. The covid situation created a perfect storm and exposed a very fragile just in time delivery system on everything we took for granted. And the BIGGEST mistake was giving people more free government money to keep the economy going. BAD IDEA! The chain we had running full speed was broken and it's going to take a lot to get it back going again. The economy was going at 100 mph before 2020 and now we're driving through a never ending construction zone doing 35 mph with no end in sight. Instead of people being home thinking "I need some money really bad and I just heard Mcdonalds is paying $15 dollars an hour for workers. I'm going to apply". Instead they say, "I just got a $1000 dollar deposit into my bank account for our 4 kids. Lets all go to Mcdonalds to eat because now we can afford it." And then complain that the line stretches around the block because they can't get anybody to work there and their swamped. This is what helicopter money does to people. Instead of lying under their truck changing a brake line they're at the dealership standing in line for new trucks because they got sent a bunch of PPP money and are complaining there are no trucks. When you start handing out trillions of dollars in basically unearned free money to people it can take a lot of workers a lot of hours to produce enough products for that money to be spent on and the supply is getting thin. I remember when when every family got a one time payment of $500 from George Bush and we all thought WOW! $500 bucks, you're kidding. That was something. Now every person with 2 kids gets that every month for doing absolutely nothing for probably infinity. The USA management team has lost it's mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)