AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do “farming partners” own higher dollar, depreciating equipment together?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

coup
Posted 10/11/2021 22:23 (#9264353 - in reply to #9263861)
Subject: RE: How do “farming partners” own higher dollar, depreciating equipment together?

USA
GrainTrader - 10/11/2021 17:27

How do father son operations or neighbors if they work together own some equipment together?

A simple “split it by the acres” doesn’t work in my head. Situation is father and son. Father is content with his acre amount. Son has intentions to add acres. (Father is not against son adding acres either)

To this point we have tried to grow together and own minimal equipment together. Next year I’m taking on more acres and we need to upgrade a combine or work separately with 2 machines.

If one is say 1000 acres and the other is 1200 acres, but the 1200 acres could turn into say 1600 acres or maybe down to 1000 in a year or 10 depending on how the cards fall.

Using that example of one operators acres being consistent and the others varying, how would it ou go about owning a machine together?

One thought I had was to buy the machine 50/50, then place a value per acre on the use and whoever gets more use then the other pays the other that difference each year. (Currently I am paying him $20 an acre to use his combine on my acres and I supply fuel.)

Pretty simple you don't own anything with anybody other than your wife.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)