AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pioneer admitting they like seeing their corn go down….
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BruceAlmighty
Posted 10/12/2021 09:13 (#9264806 - in reply to #9264693)
Subject: RE: Inappropriate

This is a good point. A few years back was a seed dealer (won't say which) and was working a booth at a farm show. Standing there chatting with the DSM and looked at the banner hanging advertising said company showed an aerial view of combine going through field of corn. To the trained eye (aka any farmer at the show) the corn being harvested was tipped over. No idea how that one could have made it through the editing process.

This being said - brand marketing is part of "The Long Look" set forth by James Wallace as one of the guiding principals for Pioneer. Are the people responsible to drive this marketing detached from farming? Maybe - couldn't say, don't know them. Did they make a mistake in this case? Definitely did. Also know plenty of "farm kids" that work in the Ag Marketing for various companies that would maybe would have missed this as well. As farmer's we can pick up on things that don't make sense in advertising because of our "trained eyes" which only comes from experience.

Have to admit, I got a chuckle from this, but really doesn't change my perception. Draw on your own experiences. If X,Y or Z product doesn't work for you - don't buy it! But don't assume everyone else feels the same way. Obviously its working for someone out there - otherwise there wouldn't be the business to drive the company. Farmers are too quick to criticize the way other people do something. "If it is not the way I do it then its wrong!"

Edited by BruceAlmighty 10/12/2021 09:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)