AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra & Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/12/2021 06:43 (#9264585 - in reply to #9263322)
Subject: RE: Integra & Insight

Don't call it a 'gator, it's a Ranger
If using the Integra in the combine, the fields planted with that Integra will have the variety maps in memory. The soy fields planted with the Insight and many other displays can use a background Reference map which can be loaded into the Integra. Each soybean field planted with another device would have a separate background Reference map.

This background Reference map is placed on a USB stick which is inserted into the Integra in the combine. It is a temporary background map that the Integra can use for automatic variety switching if desired. This background Reference map does NOT become part of the Integra's memory and is only used while harvesting a particular field.

In a nutshell, the procedure is to load the variety map into SMS from what ever device was in the planting tractor. Then create the reference map(s) which are exported to a USB memory stick. This memory stick is placed in the Integra in the combine. As you start harvesting a particular field, you request the appropriate background reference map from the USB stick. The Integra then refers to it as if the Integra had been involved with the planting.

Only one background reference map is active at a time. If you move to another field you would need to load that field's background reference map. If you return to a field that was partially harvested, you would need to load that field's Reference map again.

You can always choose the variety manually. In many cases this would be easier than going through the steps above. This would be true if you only have a few varieties and don't use split planter or anything tricky.

In my case I have 3 InCommand 1200's that get moved around between 3 tractors, a Hagie sprayer and the combine. I label them to keep them straight. I move the one from the planting tractor to the sprayer and then to the combine. That way the variety maps, spray maps etc. for all our fields are in that InCommand. While combining, I often use the planting map as a guide to "pull in" on a correct set of rows when harvesting corn in strips.

If I would put a different InCommand in the combine, it would work fine but it wouldn't have the variety maps in its memory unless, I did a backup of the planting InCommand and a Restore to the one in the combine. It is much simpler just to move the "Master" around.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)