AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ground Bees Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 10/10/2021 13:21 (#9261871 - in reply to #9261802)
Subject: RE: Ground Bees Pics

central - east central Minnesota -

bdubu - 10/10/2021 12:37 Pictured is a ground bee nest that I sprayed two weeks ago and have not see any bee activity after spraying. It was a very active nest after I went over a couple of times with a weed eater. Two weeks ago it was very small hole and not noticeable. Fast forward two weeks and something has dug the hole out. There is a picture of the nest material that was dug out of the nest. What ever dug out the nest was very aggressive as there is dirt thrown several feet from the hole. What critter would do this? Are ground bees becoming more common. I usually get in one nest a year and this year I have been in three so far.

Skunk or raccoon will dig them out and eat the honey . . . . I had the same thing. Just a little bitty hole going into the ground around some old craacked up concrete slab. Pretty soon notice the hole getting bigger (something digging it out). That's when I noticed the bee's - I had grand kids and other children coming for a reunion the next weekend, so I had to terminate the bee's. Sprayed it down and the next night the combs were dug out and cleaned up like a chicken bone. Sorry I had to terminate them bee's, but none of the local  apiarist was interested in catching them . . .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)