AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Long day but very blessed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdironman
Posted 10/9/2021 06:44 (#9259942)
Subject: Long day but very blessed

Nw Iowa
Yesterday was very long day. . We have been really fighting this corn crop because stalk quality which is just drought stressed to the max. Seems like our southern fields were just about as bad as it got in our area for rainfall. Combined with some wind earlier, corn is just falling over in many spots most of it just flat, so very hard to get. So the last week trying to do the worst yielding hardest hit first so not real fun. Not complaining, just cards we were dealt this year. Anyway yesterday was 1 cornhead gearbox and a snoot, ( glad our dealer had on hand) so everybody kind of down, trying to get as much corn as we could, poor yielding field and a bunch of repairs on top, just not a real memorable day. My wife called at around 8 and asked “ is it okay if grandson can stay overnight? “ Suddenly day was a lot shorter. Even though getting late, Got home roughhoused alittle and played a few short games with him, said our prayers and counted my blessings, decided I was a very fortunate man and that blessings were more than I could imagine or deserved. So today we will give it another shot and be happy we have opportunity to do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)