AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you decide when to put a dog down?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Brassring
Posted 10/7/2021 08:17 (#9256919 - in reply to #9256885)
Subject: RE: How do you decide when to put a dog down?

St.Clair Co. IL.
I know exactly where your coming from, I had to put our dog of 17 yrs. down last yr. I grew up on a farm and a dog was always just part of it. over the yrs. we had many dogs, putting them down when the time came was never a problem, THEN entered my last two dogs, they became like family,(maybe my age entered the picture) but I really cared for these two, the oldest was going blind and deaf, but could still get around good, but because of his problems he got hit and killed ( in a way it was good cause I didn't want to let him go) so number two dog became my best buddy, he went everywhere with me always ready for a ride, his hips got really bad he was 17, and when he started to fall over when doing his business I knew it was time, I finally decided to take him to the vet and put him out of his pain I still miss these two, I buried them together close to the house so when I go past them I can greet them, that was one of the hardest things I have had to do, and to this day I still see him laying at my feet everywhere I went,\
wife and I have decided at our age no more dogs, can't go through that again and if we get a young dog then what will happen to him if we're gone. tough choice,
I go places where there are dogs and I get my dog fix, all the time thinking of my old buddies.\
Bob
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)