AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming vs. working men-women
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bsfarms
Posted 10/7/2021 19:16 (#9257842 - in reply to #9256776)
Subject: RE: Farming vs. working men-women

south central WI
bigontario - 10/7/2021 06:06

IN555 - 10/6/2021 20:34

So if a McDonald’s employee is starting off double what they were say 5 years ago are all the other jobs also doubled or did those people just get closer to the bottom?
Or let’s go even farther and say a descent job was 5x a McDonald’s employee, are they 5x now? So a good factory job is now $200/hr?
Or are we just trying to make everyone “equal”?

Ive been saying this all along. I think you are the only one that sees it too. Minimum wage here went from $11.50 to $14.50 all at once. That's a 26% increase. Im a licensed tool and die maker in a prototype shop for an automotive supply company Ive worked my sss off to get where I am and I make $31.00. The way I see it I just got closer to the bottom. Now all the things in stores, even going to a restaurant have all gone up to help employers pay for the wage increase they were forced to give there employees making minimum wage. The way I see it I should have gotten a 26% increase too.

Things must be quite different there than here. Reading this post seeing the factory jobs that cant get filled for $25. Theres people here in my area that would fight over that

That's one way to look at it. You could also just expect a $3 raise. You would be much farther ahead than the guy making $11.50 and getting a $3 wage. It would help him more, since he is very low income. You are middle income, so $3 just makes life easier. $6000 a year to a guy making around $60k a year is a great bonus. $6000 a year to someone making $20k is a game changer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)