AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

And now comes the pain . . . . . . .2022
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

north1
Posted 10/6/2021 11:01 (#9255483 - in reply to #9255407)
Subject: RE: And now comes the pain . . . . . . .2022

North Dakota
I have to admit I am like a deer staring into the headlights. Virtually all my crop came in just over APH. Only collected a slight amount on crop insurance for one farm on spring wheat. Not enough to even enough to pay 25% of the crop insurance bill for that farm. Locking in fertilizer has not been possible due to various factors(unavailability, inability to store, etc). Had to buy back contracts on some oats due to shortfall of bushels so didn’t forward contract soybeans very aggressively do to drought conditions. Missed the fuel low in august. The semi rig of inflation may roll right over me as I stand still not making a move while waiting for the dust to settle. Survived many ups and downs over the last 30+ years. Hope to continue. Reviewing my game plan from the last 2008-2011 challenge. Other factors involved this go around that are new and outcomes unknown(pandemic, politics, global influences). It will be a challenging next few years. But they all are in some respect or another. I guess I plan on not making any earth shattering directional shifts or decisions. Those are usually the ones that come back to bite me. Roll with the punches. Value what is truly valuable and longest lasting. God, family, health and friends. Good luck to all my fellow farming brothers and sisters in these challenging times.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)