AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

And now comes the pain . . . . . . .2022
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

burtfarms1
Posted 10/6/2021 10:00 (#9255407)
Subject: And now comes the pain . . . . . . .2022

All I can say is Thank God we have a stellar crop in our area. Now that we're rained out, and taking a time to look at the projected input costs for next year, it is quite obvious, if you made any unexpected revenue in 2021 because your were fortunate enough to have the weather cooperate, you can pretty much kiss it all goodbye - and then some.

It's not just 2022 inputs, the inflation is already raging across the board ON EVERYTHING we use, right down to the grocery store. But Uncle Bribem says, no problem, it's all transitory. WTF. But I digress, I'm thankful at least our corn is getting close to drying down to air only, because Dryer Gas (propane) has already hit $ 2.00/gallon. Some more of that transitory inflation I guess.

I can only imagine what you folks in drought areas, or in places where you're just barely yielding with APH are thinking at this point.

No business can find help down this way. Signs up on just about EVERY business, including factories. No Takers. I heard that WalMart Distribution center dropped their drug testing requirement, apparently, everyone that comes in is on drugs. They have even gone so far as to offer a $ 400.00/week Bonus if you just happen to show up 5 days in a row for work........ and still can't find help....and that is on top of $ 24.00/hr starting wage with a sign on bonus.

My new Hopper Bottom trailer which I ordered and paid for in December 2020 won't be here for harvest season.....after they assured me it would be here in June. THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE lazy IOWA WORKERS WHO decided to just not to come to work at Jet Trailers . . . and all the parts mfg who can't make the necessary parts to put it together.

In closing, anyone who thinks $ 5.00/bu is going to work going forward on corn might want to put down the crack pipe.

HAVE A SAFE HARVEST.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)