AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The line in the sand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jtpfarm
Posted 10/5/2021 20:27 (#9254627 - in reply to #9254475)
Subject: RE: The line in the sand

mn
lawfarms - 10/5/2021 19:17

Hate to burst your bubble but if you have schedule F income you can’t get unemployment anyways.

When we first started out I worked at a group home. I came in at 7 and got paid minimum wage to sleep on the couch. Passed meds abs made breakfast abs took one to work. Off at 8am and went and fed cows. Worked 39hrs a week.

Not much but didn’t mess with farming too bad other then combining late or planting late.

When the group home lost the contract with the state all the other workers got unemployment. The lady at the office told me sorry you’ve got farm. I said I ain’t got no calves ready to sell and my beans are months from harvest.

She didn’t care.
Said you don’t qualify.

So can I get the money taken outta my check back?

No!

But I’ll never collect on it.

We can’t give it back. It goes to the general unemployment fund it’s not yours.

So it was taken From my check knowing I can’t drawl on it ever and there’s nothing I can do about it.

Yes that’s correct. You’ve got cows you can sell or crops to borrow against.

Totally pissed me off.

If I can’t drawl it, Atleast don’t take it from me for some other worthless pos to collect on and buy drugs and tats with.

Either something changed or the lady you talked to didn't know her stuff.

I worked driving truck when I started driving 15 years ago. After a couple years, I started leaving at noon every day to farm. Turns out that was all they needed me so leaving at noon became permanent. During that time I qualified for unemployment on the reduction in hours.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)