AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The line in the sand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

blowsand
Posted 10/5/2021 18:27 (#9254408)
Subject: The line in the sand

mercer county, il
First, this isn’t meant to be political, please don’t turn it into that.

A little backstory, when I was in the army, I was told the freedoms we fight for don’t apply to us, we do as we’re told. I took everything the army shot into me without question, as it wasn’t my place.

My kids go to school with other children who aren’t vaccinated for terrible diseases, vaccines with a long proven track record. Same with people I work with, that I am exposed to.

We worked 7 12s on, and 7 off, with 4 hours of OT in there for months during the rona, and weren’t allowed any time off. Meanwhile a lot of Americans sat home, making more than we were for doing nothing.

And now, fast forward. I did all that and didn’t complain. But now since I refuse a vaccine, on November 9th, they will start disciplinary action against me, and if I still refuse the vaccination, I lose my job. And can’t gather unemployment since it was voluntary because I wouldn’t take it. Kinda makes me mad that I’ve never once collected unemployment, and the one time I could, I’m not able to.

At what point in time do the essential, primarily blue collar parts of this country quit functioning? I know in my line of work, lots of the crane operators, millwright, electricians, etc. are saying no. Lots of people who can’t just be replaced off the street, especially not when finding people who want to work is almost impossible.

I’m just wondering when the people who make our modern, easy lifestyle possible get forced out of their jobs, will the wheels fall off?

I’m lucky, I’m financially stable, and my wife went and got a decent paying job, with insurance this summer. We kinda saw the writing on the wall. Now I get to farm full time!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)