AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Owning a Toolbar NH3 price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

coup
Posted 10/8/2021 12:44 (#9259017 - in reply to #9258829)
Subject: RE: Owning a Toolbar NH3 price

USA
neukm - 10/8/2021 09:17

tmrand - 10/8/2021 08:13

Seems like we both think we have valid points. So it must not be that ridiculous.

I'm ready to move on.

The thing is, you and coup have yet to present any numbers as to how you're so much more efficient in applying anhydrous, just snarky comments.

Does CO have regulations and dates on hoses and valve replacement intervals like IL? Have you priced 1.25 " or 1.5" T bar supply hoses and valves recently? X2 ? What about the new style ACME locking threaded couplers X2? Sure if I didn't farm in an area with some population or within a 1/2 mile of a small (900) town I might be willing to run some of the dated consumables a little longer, but that's just asking for liability. (and yes I know of an instance where the supply hose rattled loose, fell off the nurse tank and gassed a family out of their home, luckily they were able to get out)

We haven't gotten into the perpetual replacement of individual clear CVA tubing to each row, tires, bearings, blades, knives, T bar depreciation, opportunity/interest cost (coup usually says I should be buying land and tile, not iron) increased liability exposure, shed space. Oh and the real reason I bought a POS 5310 with the HCS shanks off Del Peterson and fixed it up.... the perpetual broken shanks, (at least 2-3 a year) and broken shear bolts with the standard duty shanks. Not to mention cooler, flow meter and servo valve maintenance.

Most every farmer in this area who uses NH3 must agree, because there are very few farmer owned bars around here. The idea is for the retailer to run 3X the tons through a bar as an individual, hence 3X the yearly maintenance budget, and have shop space and employees to work on them over winter. Do they follow through perfectly? No. But they also have the ability to purchase new iron at discounts from what the farmer would pay and are getting better financing rates.

Sounds like poor management on your part is your main problem. With why your costs are as excessive as you claim.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)