AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

edjumakate me on turning 65....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldbones
Posted 10/5/2021 21:00 (#9254696 - in reply to #9254089)
Subject: RE: edjumakate me on turning 65....

Floyd County, Iowa
Just went through this, and it's effective today.
Call your social security office to get information on signing up for Medicare. The lady at the local office told me to just go online and do it, but I told her that I wasn't going to go online, and that they would do it for me, as that's their job. She didn't like it, but put me in contact with another person there, who was a much more pleasant person to work with. Took 5 minutes total and I was signed up for Medicare.
You need to do it soon, they say 3 months before your 65th b'day.

You will also need to get Part B (supplemental). For that I just talked to my insurance agent, and he gave me all the information I needed. I suggest you talk to yours, too. All companies have the same Plan G, Plan F, etc. They have to be the same plan, by law. You will have to sort out which company you want and which plan you want. They can help you navigate that.
I was nervous about doing it, but my agent helped me a great deal. Would be much easier to talk than type it out. Not as difficult as it seems. Really not much to it.

I'm not going to draw SS until I hit 66 and 4 months, which is full retirement age for me, and then I can make unlimited without affecting SS. That is something you will have to figure out, as my needs are different than yours, and everyone else's.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)