AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

edjumakate me on turning 65....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

r82230
Posted 10/5/2021 17:06 (#9254331 - in reply to #9254229)
Subject: RE: edjumakate me on turning 65....

Thumb of Michigan
Tim in WI - 10/5/2021 15:13

I've got 6 weeks until I'm 65. I signed up for Medicare, plus part B. I have gotten about 20 mailers from companies wanting to sell me a supplement, I'd like to hear good/bad experiences with them.

Wife is on G plan, me F plan (I robbed the cradle, she's 15 months younger and they changed the rules/plans). Both have a 'high deductible' supplement, cost is less than $40 a month (I'll have to look it up). We both put an additional amount into a separate account, that pays any deductible that we incur. This coverage is via United American.

Wife's is $32 a month, putting $200 a month in separate account that pays her deductible if she has any. In my case started at $36 a month, now at $37, plus putting dollars into separate account too, that pays any deductible. Deductible is less than $2,400 for 2021. Can't put my fingers on 2022 deductibles yet, nor rates. The separate account that pays the deductible is an annuity, with a fixed guaranteed 3% interest. Last I looked I had over $6K in mine.

It was a no brainer for us at least, can go to any doc we feel like and if we don't go, money in side account is ours. We had HSA before Medicare, so this was similar. A friend of mine has same, but he is 10 years older, so he pays IIRC $50 a month, compared to my $37, so it is what is called an 'age' based coverage.

Must be a lot of money to make on selling this policies, because you definitely get swamped with offers. But not many want to show/talk about the HD plans. I know follow the money, can't be much commission on $40.

On the Medicare site it used to show the company's that are available in your area (use to anyhow).

Get educated, for certain.

Edited by r82230 10/5/2021 20:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)