AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

China trade deal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Getoffmylawn
Posted 10/4/2021 22:11 (#9253294 - in reply to #9253204)
Subject: RE: I think you’ve got that backwards

Texas, the really flat part
Your timeline is wrong. The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of November 1999 ushered in banking deregulation that undid the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933. That’s what led to the big bust in 2008. It wasn’t helping poor people buy homes. It was unmitigated greed run amok in the financial sector. There was no accountability because the fat cats were making bank on mortgage backed securities and all the derivatives that sprang from that. Note that Gramm, Leach and Bliley were republicans big on deregulation.

As to the rest of your post. That’s a hot mess of conspiracy gobbledygook. Dr. Fauci doesn’t have financial ties to any of these drug companies. I’m glad social media wasn’t around to spread lies when I was a kid and we all got vaccinated for polio, smallpox, etc.
I’ve lost two friends to Covid this past month, three in the past year, neither was vaccinated. If you don’t trust the medical community about the vaccine, if you do contract Covid are you going to trust the medical community to treat you? The vaccine is FDA approved, several billion people have now received it, what makes you so frightened that you’d refuse to take care of yourself?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)