AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

China trade deal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Nickeischeid
Posted 10/4/2021 21:54 (#9253265 - in reply to #9253185)
Subject: RE: Absolutely

North central TX
Getoffmylawn - 10/4/2021 21:28

In the 60’s there were plenty of pro choice republicans. There were plenty who believed in environmental regulations, banking regulations, big federal projects, NASA, civil rights, voting rights, vaccinations, separation of church and state. They weren’t terribly big on farm subsidies though.

It never occurs to you that maybe those folks saw that there were enough regs and that civil rights had mostly met their goals, and interestingly enough that everyone had the right to vote, and tha polio and smallpox had all but been eradicated over the ensuing years?

I don't belive that any current "republican," and thats to say anyone who doesn't want our country going to the far left where you apparently would like to see it, has a problem with federal projects, nasa, separation of church and state where appropriate or common sense regulations on industries to keep up with modern times. We simply want to see those projects truly be beneficial, cost effective, and most importantly to me, not deficit spending funded.

We shouldn't be providing EVERYTHING for large portions of our population. Social programs were meant to help those few who can't help themselves, or to give that needed short term boost to get people back on their feet. There needs to be another ccc or public works program designed to get something out of all the deadbeats who'd rather sit at home than go earn an honest living even if its not glamorous.
Farm subsidies probably should be cut or be policed more stringently, but we have to be careful as these programs keep food cheap for the poorer to afford. And I'm pretty sure it was a Republican President who challenged our country to return to the moon and back into space exploration.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)