AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

China trade deal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Happy First Timer
Posted 10/4/2021 15:40 (#9252586)
Subject: China trade deal

The Biden administration says they are using the trump phase 1 trade deal as a starting point to continue trade negotiations with Beijing. The article I read says they want to hold china to their commitment on the $200 billion of purchases from the U.S. It also says they still have not purchased approximately 30 percent of those goods. The article also states that the Trump tariffs hurt certain industries more than others and those tariffs will be removed.

My question is does anyone think grain tariffs will be removed on imported grains to China as a good will gesture? If so, how much more competitive does it make our grain compared to South America?

Not trying to turn this post political but it seems that the Biden administration has screwed up just about everything they have touched or been involved with so far in my opinion. Will this be their first successful action or just the next step in a list of blunders that will end up costing the American farmers millions or potentially billions of dollars?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)