AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New tire recommendation for my pickup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdchevy25
Posted 10/4/2021 12:26 (#9252305 - in reply to #9252256)
Subject: RE: New tire recommendation for my pickup

Kansas City area
Depends a lot on how you use it and what you expect. Have same size on a 2015 Chevy Tahoe, factory tires were complete crap. Put a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2 on it last winter and so far happy. They are definitely heavier and I probably lost ~1 mpg. But they look nice and much better in snow. This vehicle doesn't see much for offroad. I don't have a ton of miles, but have friends and family that have been through multiple sets and really like them for a good All terrain - not howling or rough on highway use, but can get around decent in winter weather or some limited offroad.

If you want something a bit heavier duty and aggressive, I just put Nitto Ridge Grapplers on a GMC 2500HD. Similar story as the above on usage, not a lot of miles personally yet and those are a newer version but have heard good things Much more aggressive in the tread, but do seem to be good and quiet on highway for such an aggressive tire. I had Hankook ATM RF10 on the truck prior, based on good reviews here and elsewhere. I liked them initially and performed and looked good. But by ~25000 miles they had tread block separation. I did receive some warranty money but went to the Nittos. Those Hankooks were highly regarded 5+ years ago, but think they may have fallen off in quality since from what I now read and have experienced.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)