AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Government laws/mandates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 10/9/2021 09:29 (#9260171 - in reply to #9259982)
Subject: RE: Government laws/mandates

EC Nebraska
Brahamfiremen - 10/9/2021 07:18

NE Ridger - 10/8/2021 08:22

Alberta Pioneer - 10/7/2021 22:37

My part will be asking the questions nobody wants to answer - why did Alberta need a lottery to encourage the vaccine. Why do we need so many restrictions when transmission is the real culprit, not vaccination status. Why is there not a peep about eating healthier, exercise, quit smoking, less Netflix and more fresh air?

All of those questions have been answered over and over. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Please help us out and show us the answers......those questions are a primarily reason I'll stay part of the unvaccinated test group. No other "vaccine " has ever been pushed this hard. I remember a few years back when the flu was near pandemic stage, the media claimed we were all gunna get it and risk death, yet no one was offered new trucks, vacations, money, to get the flu shot. No one was fired or risked fines for not getting the flu shot.......

Alright, I'll bite one more time. Do you think you can read all the way through before reacting this time?

1. Why were there various vaccine incentive programs offered?
Because it was believed that the savings from reduced hospitalizations and reduced employee downtime would more than make up for the cost of the incentives. Whether or not that turned out to be the case, that's why they were done. Because the powers that be thought it would "get back to normal" sooner.

2. This is a bit unclear, but the restrictions I've encountered (masking, social distancing, reduced occupancy, etc) have all been aimed at reducing transmission. You really need to specify what restrictions you're talking about that aren't aimed at reducing transmission.

3. Why isn't there a peep about healthy living?
I don't know about Canada, but here there are regular ad campaigns for all aspects of healthy living. Anti-smoking, anti-vaping, eat veggies instead of sugar, get off your butt and go for a walk, run, jog, whatever. My iphone will even point out when it thinks I've been spending too much screen time. There are and have been a lot of "peeps" about those things.
Now, why isn't there more focus on how they'll protect you from COVID? Well, in the first place, no one expects that increasing the focus on those things is going to make much additional difference. In other words, the PSA campaigns for healthy living already exist, and more aren't likely to change their impact. Of course, now, if a government official told the general population that going for a walk reduced their chance of COVID, you'd have some people quit walking, just to be contrary.

No vaccine has ever been pushed this hard before? Seriously?
The smallpox vaccine was pushed far harder. They weren't just talking about jailtime and fines, they did them. And there weren't medical exemptions if you'd had a bad reaction before. Get the vaccine, or get the vaccine. You didn't have a right to endanger the health of those around you. Read this article. It's worth knowing the history, if nothing else: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/09/08/vaccine-mandate-st...

The 2009 flu pandemic wasn't a new virus. It was a virulent version (something like the delta variant, if you will) of H1N1, the first influenza virus that caused the 1918 pandemic. There had been a couple mild variant outbreaks in the decades between those two. So, in 2009, older people were less at risk because a lot of them had immune memory against H1N1. It was the younger generations that hadn't been exposed to H1N1 that were most at risk of ill effects in 2009. And by the time the flu shot had been modified for the 2009 variant, the virus had pretty well made the rounds and was done. By the time it was available, there wasn't that much benefit to the modified flu shot.
Partially that's because even the young people had immune response to some kind of influenza virus. So it only took one exposure for their bodies to mount an effective immune response to the 2009 variant.

SARS-CoV-2 is completely different. The only people whose immune systems had seen something like that before were the ones in Asia who'd been exposed to the first SARS virus. Everybody else was completely naïve toward this virus. So it takes 2-4 exposures for most people's immune system to first recognize it and then devote the resources to mounting a long-term immune response.
Eventually, when every body has either had 2-4 exposures/shots over a period of at least two years, or is dead, then SARS-CoV-2 will be no more of a concern than the flu. Or probably like the common cold. But that will take years. Vaccinations will shorten that time, and reduce hospital loading during that time.

In the meantime, my older brother who is all into eating right and avoiding sugar, using essential oils and cod liver oil, etc, is getting his butt kicked by COVID. He bought into all the lies saying that it wasn't a vaccine, etc. Yesterday, he managed to drag himself out to the field by the middle of the afternoon, but he was moving pretty slow and looking like a miserable dog while he was out there. I've been in a house with three high-level shedders for a week, and I felt a little off for a day or so. And that was it.
I'm so very thankful that my dad got the antibody infusion the day after he tested positive. He slept for much of the next 24 hours after getting home from treatment, and woke up feeling fine. If he hadn't gotten the infusion, we'd have been digging his grave by now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)