AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Facebook or no Facebook?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 10/4/2021 07:53 (#9251854 - in reply to #9251046)
Subject: RE: Facebook or no Facebook?

Amherst WI
Yes I facebook, but really I don't like it.

Most of my feed has turned into ads, people arguing and posts from 4 days prior for some reason. I've unfollowed several people because of their constant posting especially on politics even some of the ones I agree with because its so over the top.

Their classifieds are easy to post unless it doesn't fit into one of their categories (like anything farm related) to but I don't like how the algorithms select things for you. Say you have a poorly described ad, in my case I am looking for a pickup. The ad will be poorly described and a picture of an interior so you can't really tell what it is. You click on it and find out its a GMC Arcadia for example and even though you spent 1 second on it and obviously didn't like it you will now be bombarded with ads for them.

I do think it is interesting how the average age of FB users went from probably 25 when it started to 60 in just a few short years. FB was all fun and games until grandma wants to be your FB friend and can now see you doing your keg stand last weekend.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)