AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any ford t-bucket experts on here?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CMN
Posted 10/4/2021 08:48 (#9251978 - in reply to #9249938)
Subject: RE: any ford t-bucket experts on here?

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
Appears to be a steel body T bucket with working doors...very nice. If you enjoy "tinkering" T buckets can be a expensive hobby...the project is never done. There is always another shiny object you'll need to install/replace on them. All it takes is time...and money. ;-)

My guess is 89M is possibly a make/model made up by the builder for titling/registration purposes. My guess is possibly some of the donor parts are from 1989 vehicle, or 89M could possibly have stood for 289 modified...I'm guessing only the original builder knows. Even though my T bucket touring car was assembled 1994/1995, it is titled as a 2dr 1985 homem. Why? The donor vehicle was a 1985 Mustang.

Your engine is a small block, Ford Windsor (W) engine. You can tell by the 9 o'clock/3 o'clock position of the bolts that hold the fuel pump on. On a 302/289 blocks, the distributor mount is almost flush with the top of the block. The water passages where the water pump bolts on are also right at the top of the block (where the heads sit). A 351 block will also have 45* cast piece below the bolt that holds the distributor in place. It looks like your engine is 302/289.

I'm guessing the transmission is a 3 speed C-4...with a shift kit. Be careful about making sure the transmission goes all the way into park...I like to "rock" my bucket to make sure the tranny is fully engaged in park before starting, or getting out of the car when it is running.

Turn signals...start with the fuse, then the flasher.

I started out with the steering wheel, tilt steering column, floor shifter, and linkage out of the Mustang...that took up waaay to much space. So I placed another order from Speedway Motors for a chrome steering post, a different blinker switch, a tiny steering wheel, a skull suicide knob...with matching skull shifter knob, and cup holder, and a taller, chrome, thru floor rod shifter and linkage setup.

I have front drum brakes with no brake booster...heavy leg pressure is what it takes to manage the holding/stopping my bucket...especially when power braking. This https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-1928-31-Ford-Frame-Mount-Pow... is on my winter "bucket list"...depending on how my soybeans yield...and if I have room under my bucket to mount the pedal booster.

A couple pics of my bucket...it did not make it out of the old shop/turned catch all this summer...I didn't realize how sad it looked until I took the pics yesterday evening. This winters "bucket list" also includes installing a chrome plated 9" Ford rear end I scored off e-bay a couple years ago.

edit too add...I'm going to solder the motometer back on the radiator, and polish the brass this winter too...I'm tired of the rat rod look. And, my bucket is set up to run on E-85 just because...that was a fun little project.

Edited by CMN 10/4/2021 09:04

(bucket2 (full).jpg)

(bucket1 (full).jpg)

(bucket3 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments bucket2 (full).jpg (116KB - 100 downloads)
Attachments bucket1 (full).jpg (99KB - 91 downloads)
Attachments bucket3 (full).jpg (103KB - 92 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)