AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buyer beware or ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jd4930
Posted 10/2/2021 13:53 (#9248967 - in reply to #9248703)
Subject: RE: Buyer beware or ?

Central ND
jdironman - 10/2/2021 11:04

For what it is worth I would try to negotiate 25% of bill to paid by seller and move on. I don’t know what exact market is on machine but if you feel you bought it under market, now you paid alittle above. If you paid a premium because guy told you how good it was than I would press alittle harder. As a seller I don’t appreciate guy that hammers and hammers on price and tells all that is wrong and than gets home and wants you to fix something else. On other hand a buyer that treated me with respect and than has problems will get a lot more respect from me. I generally write on receipt that item is sold as is when selling something private and have buyer sign it. If buyer balks at as is than we have the conversation before deal is done. Have sold a lot of stuff in my 45 years of adult life and can’t ever remember a problem. I have paid for some repairs but only if I misspoke or it was talked about at sale. I would much rather deal with a private seller than a reseller as they generally will not warranty anything. Even dealers are pretty hardcore about fixing a whole lot on used after sale unless warranty in writing.

This!! I sold a piece a few years ago, guy came and looked twice, crawled all over it, beat me up on price before he came, plus both times he looked. I was honest and told him we hadn't used it enough to know much about it, sold it to him way below where I wanted to be. 6 MONTHS later he starts blowing up my phone about what was wrong with it and was less than cordial.........that's a big NO from me on helping someone like that out. On the other hand we sold a pickup to a guy 300 miles away, he came and looked and was very happy, 20 miles from home the water pump went out and left him stranded along the road. He was very pleasant and wasn't really asking for anything, just telling us what happened. My brother offered to buy the water pump and coolant just because of the guys attitude, he was happy and we felt good about it too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)