AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Better accounting program than Quickbooks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 9/19/2021 09:38 (#9227845 - in reply to #9222769)
Subject: RE: Better accounting program than Quickbooks

Thumb of Michigan
I've had a love/hate relationship with QB for a lot of years. I think since QB 1999. Maybe more love than hate, admittedly.

The hate part in the past has been that QB is extremely good at preventing other software companies from developing add on programs specific to some industries. I tried Flagship for a while to keep track of volumes, for example. Great effort by Flagship, but a change to a newer version of QB made it obsolete. May be that tracking volumes is easier now, just not as critical to me personally as it once was.

And, to be fair, I was trying to make an accounting program masquerade as a farm management program as well. Would have saved a lot of time and effort on my part to have it all integrated, however.

Also once tried to merge balance sheets from multiple companies into one report. I'm not smart enough at all to do that, and I couldn't run the add on software I purchased to do the merging for me either. Gave up and made my own spreadsheet.

My latest dislike of great frustration is the pop up that QB puts out on my screen at me every couple weeks about signing up for an un needed additional log in "service" they feel I need. And they're going to keep reminding me until I comply I guess. I've dug in, not doing anything other than logging into my company files on my desktop. I don't need anything to do with an Intuit log in at all. They're going to have to glean information from somewhere else.

Other than that: as much as I don't care for some increasingly intrusive business practices by Intuit, its pretty tough to beat the cost for a very extensive double entry accounting system IMO. I don't upgrade often, and I think I'm good now for a few more years. Only reason I've updated the last few years is for the payroll updates. Might farm that out the next time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)