AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Better accounting program than Quickbooks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 9/19/2021 00:14 (#9227440 - in reply to #9222769)
Subject: RE: Better accounting program than Quickbooks

Texas
Downwardspiral - 9/16/2021 07:02

We are currently using Quickbooks 2013 edition for our farm accounting and one other business.

I have recently updated the office computer, but are not able to transfer Quickbooks to it without updating the program. This is where the problem comes in. Quickbooks has gotten pretty proud of their stuff.

The 2021 version costs $200-$400 depending on which version. How much is your time worth? You seem to be pretty proficient at running quickbooks and presumably have been using it for eight years. I could only guess the new version will last you another eight years. Is $25-$50 a year too much to ask for software that helps you keep up with not one but two businesses?

I don’t sell or make the software or have anything to do with it other than being a satisfied customer. Computer programs amaze me. Think of all the thought, time, work, trial and error, that went into making it. I don’t understand why people have a hard time paying them.

Anyway to your question I would stick with quickbooks. I haven’t found a better alternative and these are all fairly complex programs I wouldn’t be excited about learning a new one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)