AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

did you do anything coming out of anesthesia?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 9/16/2021 14:04 (#9223398 - in reply to #9222075)
Subject: RE: did you do anything coming out of anesthesia?

Faunsdale, AL
Wow. That's a scary close call! I’m guessing that classified as a medically induced coma?

I am still amazed that we never had anyone hurt by silo gas here. Over 60 years we built up to 11 silos we filled every year with corn silage and would have had dozens of different people working in and around them over that time.

One thing that may have protected our folks somewhat is none of ours has any sort of room or enclosed space at the bottom of the chute. Of course that still leaves the silo itself.

I remember stopping by to check on a crew who had been going to go into a partially filled silo and level it off and pack the surface because we had been rained out the afternoon before. Of course nobody wanted to do it then so it got put off until next morning.

When they climbed into the silo, there was some sort of gas laying on the silage that they said burned their skin on contact, so they came out and climbed back down!

I thought that they all knew that the blower had to be turned on ahead of time before going in, but apparently not. I about vomited when I heard what they had done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)