AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

configuration AgLeader Integra in combine to use just for guidance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/16/2021 06:35 (#9222715 - in reply to #9221949)
Subject: RE: configuration AgLeader Integra in combine to use just for guidance

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As far as creating a harvest configuration that includes both Yield and steering: You would be able to create such a configuration but when you try to use it the system will complain because it can't find all the modules that are needed. So creating such a configuration now is not useful. This leave tillage or Guidance configutations.

I haven't tried tillage or guidance in my combine because I don't have auto steer in the combine. In other words I do the opposite - use the Ag Leader for yield but not for steering. I have considered adding steering to the combine but have not done so.

I have used both tillage and guidance setups in tractors without an implement. If you create a tractor/tillage configuration, the distance between the AB lines will be whatever you indicate when you setup the implement. I have even used a bare bones planting configuration for marking tile lines. This allows me to "trace" new and old tile lines with my Ranger and Ag Leader system. I set it up as a fake tractor/planter with a width of about 10'. I can then choose "varieties" that represent the various tile sizes. I name the varieties as 6", 12" Main etc. I start/stop the logging with the onscreen icon. When I encounter a different size tile line, I choose the appropriate variety. Auto steer is not involved with the tile mapping process.

When I used the generic Guidance route the width seemed to be fixed until I noticed a "wrench" on the initial screen which allows you to set the width at whatever you want for today's guidance width.

By default your coverage map will paint whenever auto steer is engaged.

Edited by tedbear 9/16/2021 06:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)