AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jacking up combines and tractors in the field?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

F2036
Posted 9/14/2021 19:22 (#9220405 - in reply to #9220310)
Subject: RE: Jacking up combines and tractors in the field?

NE of Des Moines
4WD - 9/14/2021 18:27

Can't remember where I saw it, but to "carry and lug around"  6x6s or 4x6s , for cribbing.

I've attached barn door handles to 6x6s, on one end;  and to spaced the handle a little higher; I used a stack of fender washers, so leather gloves (or Winter gloves) can easily grab the handle.

For 4x6s; a "screen door handle" fits better (narrower than a barn door handle) , on one end. (= still need a stack of fender washers, between block and handle = and need longer screws ,also.

It is so much easier to carry, these blocks, and even swing then into the back of the pickup truck, too. (more like carrying two 5 gallon buckets = one block on each side of your body.

Yes, we start with bridge planks, first; then add cribbing.

For my small combine, for an added layer of safety, I've thrown down another bridge plank and threw a 12 ton jack stand, on it, and clicked it higher, has I went up, too. {Combine was not on level ground, during failure} Plus cribbing , also.

Your handle ideas are great!

I always seem to have a 2" tie down strap that has a ragged spot, I use probably 2' out of it along with some fender washers, and some construction screws, to make a handle. I attach the handles to the side of the blocks. Easy to make and handy :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)