AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Traveling tips and places to see?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

r82230
Posted 9/14/2021 05:37 (#9219229 - in reply to #9219184)
Subject: RE: Traveling tips and places to see?

Thumb of Michigan
MaineFarmer - 9/14/2021 03:30

I suggest taking a huge loop around the USA hitting a few friends /relatives on the trip.When the desire hits you turn left or right and just try to get lost.Did this for 3 weeks a couple years ago as I had not driven much of the mid west and west.Saw the neatest places quite by accident.Cousins from Europe wanted to see downtown NYC,,so we hit that early one Sunday morning and it was very easy ,drove by old tradecenter sight ,UN,Times square,Broadway etc,then got the heck out of there.Niagra on the Canadian side ,all the great lakes,Yosemite,Giant Sequoia,Pacific,San Fran(cousin stepped in hot feces on the side walk and that moment will live in infamy),Salt Lakes,Friend in various places,my kids in various places,death valley,no time left for the Grand Canyon as we were so much enjoying the trip we planned on that the following seasons trip then Covid blew that plan up.You need the month so get going.

Good idea ^^^

Only thing I'd add, rent a car/SUV, that way any car problems along the way become someone else's. My spouse and her cousin are on a trip like this now, stopping at a least a few National Parks. Started here in Michigan, headed north, through the UP, then across the northern states, made a left turn in Montana, last night they were around the Utah/Arizona border. I know that they hit a few tourist spots along the way. too. Branson, MO is scheduled on the way home in a couple of weeks.

A couple of years ago they did some of this trip, but flew to South Dakota, flew back from Las Vegas. This time taking a lot of back roads to see more of the county (basically staying off the x-ways, while driving through the fly over states).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)