AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cooper thieves at it again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mitchco
Posted 9/14/2021 05:51 (#9219239 - in reply to #9219099)
Subject: RE: cooper thieves at it again

SW OH
My insurance agent back in the 80s told me never keep anything in your vehicle or on your person that has your address on it. He and his wife were victims of a summer long crime spree back then. It took all summer for the cops to figure out what was going on since the thieves changed their routine randomly.

All the robberies involved the local movie theater. The thieves would wait till the lights went out and find a women who had put her purse on the floor. They would get the car keys and nothing else. Take the keys outside and find the car they fit, find an address, drive to the address, load the car up and leave. Sometimes they would keep the car, other times they would take it back. In my agents case they took the car back. When they went to leave she couldn't find her keys. By the time their son went to their house, got spare keys to them, it was very late when they got home. It was the next morning before they noticed things were missing. When the cops showed up a neighbor came over and after a lot of BSing the movie was mentioned and the neighbor says you were here at that time, I saw your car pull in the garage and then leave an hour later.

The cops finally figured out the thieves were targeting people at the movies and that the thieves knew how long they had to ransack a house before being caught and the neighbors wouldn't suspect the owners own car. I think over 20 houses were hit this way and the cops started watching the parking lot at the movies but I don't think anyone was ever caught.

Mitchco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)