AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My daughter has lost a couple Calves out of the fat pen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

archie63
Posted 9/13/2021 08:22 (#9217784)
Subject: My daughter has lost a couple Calves out of the fat pen

Barry County, MI
We need some help trying to figure out what it's coming down. We put them out on Clover stubble 6 weeks ago and they had already been in a pasture and they get about half their feed is grain the dry matter and the rest would come from the Clover and the grass Pastor they were in. Anyway when I'm died a couple weeks ago I checked and that evening before and the next morning one of them was laying out their dead. Then couple weeks later another just laying dead in the field and I'm only talking about 12 head all together in this lot there's plenty of clover out there to eat but we didn't see any bloating or anything she gives him the barvac 7 Somnus and tetanus . The Caves are doing great. We do have about a dozen sandhill cranes that are out in that field all the time I know that could possibly be a factor of them carrying something and I guess. I told her to put them out of the Clover after the last calf died. Now this is Lush clover we brush hog and it grows back lost we don't have near enough cattle on it to feed it but we've done this before I mean the cover hasn't been anything that has killed calves before. . The first calf that died probably weighed 1000 lb and this calf probably wait 11:50 was going to go next month but there weren't any signs of anything about them like foam at the mouth or anything they were just laying there dead. Thanks for any help anybody's got any ideas I know the old guys have lived a long time they've seen a lot of s*** going on archie ps ration is shell corn oats some wheat a few roasted soybeans a mineral pack and she keeps mineralsa out all the time for them after the first calf died we put in a bale of good dry Alfalfa and some foxtail I guess it was seeding stubble.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)