AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9/11 Farm Field Tribute Photo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 9/13/2021 07:52 (#9217720)
Subject: 9/11 Farm Field Tribute Photo

This lifesize field art is located on a farm owned by Wilbur Meyer in Brookville, Ohio

It wasn’t just any tribute, the orchestrated tribute is a one-to-one scale of the Twin Towers. “The overall picture, titled ‘God Bless America,’ is 3,500-feet tall, 2,800-feet wide,” says Meyer. From a jpeg image to then writing the script through Ag Leader, every hybrid is selected for its unique characteristics. “You get with the script writers and they basically take the jpeg image and put it into Ag Leader, and they can assign reference points to the picture, which allows them to then break it into the multi-hybrid." From selecting hybrids for its unique characteristics to writing the script that allows the various colors and structure of the corn leaves to help create such a detailed picture, the result is a salute that’s now extending beyond Meyer’s Ohio farm field. “I've gotten messages from L.A. to New York; we've seen people from other countries respond,” he adds. “I never dreamt that we would touch so many people. I mean, it's been very humbling, to say the least.”

(IMG_3603 4 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3603 4 (full).jpg (127KB - 159 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)