473 acres, great yield for us. Took 7+ full days. All BMR for the dairy. The last 50 acre field had some lodging, and it combined with 15-20 mph winds that day had me in a not so good mood. I quit early and finished it the next day with calm winds and a calmer attitude. I texted some friends and some former employees to help with drinking beer and maybe throw a tire or 3. Quite a few showed up. I was 1 friend short because I ended up taking 8 beers home.
We had finished 4th crop haylage on Tuesday and switched to corn silage and chopped a couple loads that night. The original plan was to get an early start so we didn't fall behind. Take the weekend off and tackle it full time this week. Apparently it was drier than it looked and they wanted to work through the holiday weekend.
Very few breakdowns. 1 apron chain, a couple tires that lasted way longer than they should have (bought wagons used in 2014 and still had those tires on them), and a front suspension pin in the 8430 blade tractor that broke on the 3rd to last load of custom work for neighbor. We bought a replacement tractor in mid August along with a new blade. Blade is here, tractor has a transmission issue that they are trying to pinpoint.