AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What I’m hearing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 9/10/2021 23:29 (#9213952 - in reply to #9213901)
Subject: RE: Mclean County yields

Clay SEIA - 9/10/2021 22:37
Joelt - 9/10/2021 22:03 Is godforsaken goat knob an actual agronomic term?
Well, if you farmed much in the vicinity of northern Missouri, you would also know the other technical term for those hellhole fields on the back side of the creek is “where the hoot owls fornicate the buffaloes.”

I'm in the opposite corner of the state from you and we do some custom work on a piece of ground that fits that description but I've never used either of those "technical terms".

Its actually only a mile from my dads place but its on the other side of the river and you have to go 2 miles north or 2 miles south to cross the river. Then you have to drive through 2 miles of fields and pasture to get to said field because the roads on the other side of the river don't go all the way back to the river.   All told you have to travel about 8 miles from my dad's place to get there with equipment.    

Its kind of a weird feeling being out there by yourself at night.  Feels like you're miles from civilization even though you'd be able to see my dad's place if there weren't trees along the river.

To top it off, its not a nice piece of ground at all.   The hills burn up, the bottom gets flooded by the river, it has rocks, only plant the swamp ground 1 out of 10 years, deer damage, beaver damage, etc.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)