AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble vs AG leader or others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 9/9/2021 14:09 (#9211091 - in reply to #9209163)
Subject: RE: Trimble vs AG leader or others

FMX's can be set up WITHOUT FieldIQ to record a coverage map. It can record a swath(coverage based on an implement swath you set), topographic height, correction age (if applicable), whether or not it's converged (again if applicable), and speed.

You can set the logging space, as in how far you drive before it records a logging point.

It can be controlled directly from the screen to "paint" the map as you go, or if using an autopilot or the like when it is engaged, OR even a remote logging switch. A toggle switch you can trigger form the cab, a height switch as if an implement is lowered or for your application, you could just use an extra pole on your on/off product toggle switch. If you are using a single pole switch to turn the product off and on, a double pole would fit the bill and use the other pole of the switch to trigger coverage logging on the FM.

We used it on a sprayer that did not have autopilot to record coverage area. I had it plumbed into the air bladder shuttoff system. A pressure switch (like a semi truck brake pedal light switch) saw either an air pressure on or off and internally switched, completing a circuit that the FMX interpreted as an on or off. It painted the map on the screen that could be saved and accessed later.

In this situation, it does NOT record a flow rate. I am not sure that an FM can record a flow rate only without being able to control the flow when using FIQ, I have never tried.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)