AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble vs AG leader or others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 9/8/2021 14:37 (#9209391 - in reply to #9209366)
Subject: RE: Trimble vs AG leader or others

I honestly don't understand how this is so complicated.
My boats have this pretty much. They have had this since about 2005 or so.
But instead of painting a swath you preset it's a line, it keeps tracks and you can go back and see the speed, time stamp and heading (bearing 0-360 degree like a compass) along with sea temp and depth. Heck if I his the record feature I can go back through my track and see the sonar image at any given spot in my track. Or vise versa go back in time in my sonar image and see the gps position of a fish or structure. Not even talking boat autopilot or radar and tracking another vessel you pick up on radar and track him on your screen.

Maybe I could somehow port a flow meter into a simrad nss12 and it would be able to do it.

I don't get it in the marine world Garmin will talk to simrad or furuno or raymarine via nema 2000 or seatalk (nema0183)

Infact I am sure ag gps is sending the same gps lines with nema. Position and time stamp.

I would think the AG market would be bigger than the marine market... Every offshore boat today has these features for the most part. System with autopilot and radar is only about 15k on the high end. Heck I am on my 3rd system like that in the marine world.

The antennas seem very similar.

Edited by StxPecans 9/8/2021 14:45

(Screenshot_20210908_144435_com.android.chrome (full).jpg)

(Screenshot_20210908_144336_com.android.chrome (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_20210908_144435_com.android.chrome (full).jpg (102KB - 63 downloads)
Attachments Screenshot_20210908_144336_com.android.chrome (full).jpg (126KB - 65 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)