AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2018 Silverodo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SKS
Posted 9/8/2021 08:39 (#9208947)
Subject: 2018 Silverodo

NWIA
Stranded me twice yesterday. Drove about 60 miles and then turned it off for less then 5 minutes, went to restart and just a single click. Gauges and lights all came on but no start. Tried to jump it but no go. In the process of getting a good connection we broke the + cable clamp on the vehicle helping me. We left for about 45 min to get that fixed. While waiting I googled the symptoms and found that there is some safety procedure built in that causes starter not to engage. The fix is turn key on and shift to neutral and try again. Did that and it started on second try. Guy helping me said it didn’t sound like battery was very strong. 10 minutes later I turn it off and it won’t start again. Go thru same procedure about a dozen times and nothing. We left for about an hour, come back and try again without success. Disconnected battery to reset computer and after a few tries it did start. Had battery checked on my way home and it showed 12.9 volts and 823 amps so don’t think that is the problem. Busy time for me now and I can’t be without my truck. Also don’t want to be stranded. Any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)