AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Switch or button to engage Auto steer (Ag leader)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/10/2021 07:05 (#9212455 - in reply to #9208492)
Subject: RE: Switch or button to engage Auto steer (Ag leader)

Don't call it a 'gator, it's a Ranger
I have 3 Ag Leader systems that utilize a Momentary Rocker switch to engage auto steer. The Deere 8310R works with the Deere's CAN system and must use the already built in Deere switch. The Deere 8120 uses a momentary rocker switch which plugs into an unused cut out in the Command Arm. The older 8310 did not have an unused cut out in the Command Arm so the rocker switch was installed in a small plastic box which is stuck to the outside of the Command arm with double faced tape.

I also have a Trimble system with a Nav II in an older Quad track tractor. It was installed by a previous owner and used a momentary button in their Command Arm.

Some use a foot switch but personally I prefer a hand switch since my accuracy is much better in "finding it" with my fingers versus my foot. I thought one of the best improvements in cars was to move the dimmer switch from the floor.

Shown below is the old 8310. The auto steer engage is the switch on the side. The toggle switch and LED is a Master switch for Application situations.

Edited by tedbear 9/10/2021 07:10

(8310AutoSwitch (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 8310AutoSwitch (full).JPG (111KB - 9 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)