Connecting RS-232 GPS Receivers
NOTE: AutoTrac requires CAN GPS messages
from a StarFire receiver.
Non-John Deere GPS receivers that output correct NMEA
0183 standard messages can be used for documentation
and manual guidance on GreenStar application. It is
critical that receiver is setup to output following messages:
• RMC setup at 19200 baud (This is fixed and
• Data Bits 8
• Parity none
• Stop 1
• Flow Control none
• 1 or 5 Hz output rate (Recommend operation at 5 Hz.
Guidance requires 5 Hz.)
Configure GS3: needs to be configured to recognize the
device connected to the Serial Port. Assigned the Serial
1. Go to Menu | GS3 Pro | Letter F (GS3 Pro—Main) and
select the Memory tab. Select Assign Serial Port.
2. Select the Serial Port(s).
3. Select the option based on the device connected to
the Serial Port(s).
4. Arrow forward to complete.