AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alzheimer's reversal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

redoak
Posted 9/24/2021 11:45 (#9236539 - in reply to #9205179)
Subject: F-I-L 's dementia journey

sw ontario
F-I-L later 70's , semi retired farmer, co-op coffee drinker, golfer was going to get mail and he fell down in driveway , Dr. sent him for some tests and was assesed with early stage dementia,never went home , 11 yrs. later he is still in a LTC facility....

First few years was starting to do Tim Conway shuffle when walking , then becoming wheelchair bound ,losing control of his bowels and having problems swallowing so all his food is put through a blender and spoon fed by a PSW at the facility.

For first 5 yrs. he was somewhat talkative, then struggled to make sentences and last couple yrs. he will smile and acknowledge his daughters when visiting but doesn't speak , sleeps 16 hrs. + a day.

Only a month or so before he fell his wife was noticing some strange happenings like peeing in the flower pots in the home.

No known family history of dementia.

His life now is pt in wheel chair , rolled to breakfast ,then TV ,lunch, repeat,supper ,bed....and gets diaper changed and bath / shower.

For me , and many others a visit to a nursing home/LTC place makes farming issues prett insignificant
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)