AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for advice to build my own website
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Llanurasdesilicio
Posted 9/9/2021 15:34 (#9211204 - in reply to #9192615)
Subject: RE: Looking for advice to build my own website

C TX
There are free website builders out there, but that is only one part of getting a website on the web.

For a website you need three things:
1) Domain : ex. -> MAG305.COM | An easy to use site to register your domain would be something like GoDaddy.com
2) Host: This is a server your website is on, and is what people access when they go to your site. There are all kinds of hosting companies and hosting cost tiers. ex.-> Bluehost, HostGator
3) Website: This is the actual website. You can build your site however you want. You can build the site by hand ( I highly discourage unless you can code in HTML and Javascript) or use something like WordPress or Wix to get a drag and drop website building interface, which allows for quick and easy website building.

You can find companies that bundle all three parts together for one price, an example would be Wix.com. They will allow you to buy (They might have free Tiers) the domain, Host the site, and Design the website using Drag and Drop interface. I have mostly used WordPress for my sites and enjoy their user interface as well, but I do not know if they have a bundle option that lets you get the three pieces you need all together.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)