AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carpal tunnel question...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 8/19/2021 11:48 (#9172758 - in reply to #9172342)
Subject: RE: Carpal tunnel question...

East Central Arkansas

I had my right hand done a few years ago. I had suffered with it until it had become difficult to do a lot of the work I needed to get done. It had begun interfering with my sleep as my hand would become numb at night. I waited to until after harvest time to have mine done. I am sure I did a lot more with my hand after surgery than I should have. I had the one where they did a actual incision in the palm of my hand. The surgeon didn't really act too concerned about me using the hand some but I don't think he realized how dumb some old farmers can be. So right after surgery there was completely no pain in that hand. So can't drive the day right after that surgery so riding in passenger seat without thinking I used that hand to shut the door. Not smart. I think the surgeon thought the pain from the incision would tell me what to do and what not to do. The best thing is to be able to take it somewhat easy for a couple of weeks after surgery. I am glad I got mine done and it really helped but I should have taken more care for a while after getting it done. Soon after having it done, as in still wrapped up, I went through a fireman's training exercise with with full gear and a heavy breathing apparatus crawling through with a blacked out mask and a empty air tank. That will get to a 60 year old 120LB person. Play it smarter than I did and take care of it . I don't know when your harvest will start or what needs doing before harvest but even if it was done today I don't think you will be 100% by harvest. I also don't know what harvest for you means. Is it just running the machine and doing simple service or will you need to be doing repair and pulling wrenches and handling heavy parts? I just noticed your handle and this wouldn't be a good time for that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)