AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I got a kid fired the other day.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GreenRedandRusty
Posted 8/8/2021 21:31 (#9153997)
Subject: I got a kid fired the other day.

Was not my intention,but hopefully he learned the lesson that needed to be taught. I went to the local Staples store to get a new computer printer ,one of those that has the refillable tanks instead of ink cartridges. The kid came over and asked me a few questions and I told him what I was looking for. I found one that even was on sale for about 200 bucks. On the box it described the average life for the ink which appeared to be about a year of average use. I got an extra bottle of black ink anyways, but he said I really should get the colored ink also because they're just little bits in the bottles but not full. That was the first lie. I got the black bottle of ink and headed towards the checkout where he proceeded to pull out in the extended warrenty thing even before I said no warranty. He gave me the spiel about it and I said no thank you. He then started talking like he was talking to somebody on an intercom where I couldn't hear anything but his side of the conversation. He then proceeded to say that the store owner saw me getting that printer and highly recommended the warranty as they had had problems with them. I said no warranty just the printer and the ink he checked me out and I left. Needless to say next morning I called the store manager, as Staples is a chain there is no local store owner. I told him I would probably never shop in the store again ,didn't appreciate getting lied to, and if you want to keep your business going you better have a long long chat with that kid that he doesn't know **** from Shinola and and the wet behind the ears kid the thinks he's smarter than everybody else is a damn poor representation of the entire store. He assured me he would take care of it, and I believed him. I had to go back a couple days later to get some printer paper, and happened to run into store manager and I introduce myself to him. I said thank you for taking care of my concerns the other day I hope you got the situation straightened out. He told me he talked with the kid, the kid lied about it, and he fired him on the spot. Hopefully bright boy learned a good lesson that day.

Edited by GreenRedandRusty 8/8/2021 21:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)