AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do dairy CO-OP's really care about the cooperative system?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JR B
Posted 8/5/2021 05:31 (#9147257)
Subject: Do dairy CO-OP's really care about the cooperative system?

Linneus Mo.
It just seems that they are willing to allow the destruction of the cooperative system to enhance the bottom line of the processing companies.

I gotta think on this some more but I just see them allowing us to become the balancing arm of the majors instead of the marketing arm of the members.

and they will gladly balance at a lower price instead of really cutting the fat hog all so they can get their "foot in the door" so to speak. Our leadership really has said the CO-OP business is more important than the member's survival. and they don't care if they get fewer members as that is just an easier number to control.

Seems to be that way for grain elevators also. they say they are co-op's but it seems they are just large corporations that are taking a tax advantage.

The dairy co-op's mostly seem to be happy with passing through some kinda loss and think they have done something to improve farm profitability. Why aren't we getting some kinda return on our money instead of another loss for our tax return? Trust me I don't need another right off!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)