AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble FMX as "only" receiver for nav2 setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Kornschluerfer
Posted 7/27/2021 18:32 (#9132773)
Subject: Trimble FMX as "only" receiver for nav2 setup

Saskatchewan, Canada
Hi,
I have a New Holland CR9090 combine running a Intelliview 2 plus, Nav2 and 262 receiver (on waas) for autosteer. I have a couple FMX displays on RTK (with my own base on 900MHz radio) in other equipment and thougt I could run one FMX im the combine instead of the 262 receiver to get RTK while it's not needed in other equipment during harvest and avoid spending a little fortune for unlocks and a radio to get RTK on my combine. The Idea is that way it can easily get switched back to the 262 if the FMX is needed elsewhere. I build myself a harness to tie it into the wiring that normally goes to the 262 on the roof including the rs232 tx, rx and gnd wires, the CAN high and low wires and the pps wire.
Now to my question, how do I have to set the FMX up to make this work? I tried puttimg out NMEA (TSIP) through one port of the FMX, I also tried putting out CAN GPS to the Nav 2 this way but no success so far. I know I somehow need to feed the pps wire a pulse too but am not sure how to amcomplish that.
I would like to leave the Nav2 programmed to work with the combines original screen and just use the FMX as a GPS source as mentioned earlier so its easy to swap back.

Thanks
Arne

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)